Source: Fashion Illustrator Naja Conrad Hansen
Someone emailed me recently and asked me about an aspect “Does Graphic Designers and Illustrators have the same job?”
I believe that it’s essential for any illustrator to know the answer of this question so for those who are still confused I’ve made some research and decided to write a quick clarification. It will help you to promote your work better when you’re searching for freelance projects. Enjoy!
Illustrators have expertise in drawing, freehand art, and coloring while generally graphic designers use art to communicate a concise message they want to communicate and might employee an illustrator to help create elements that solve the design problem.
* An Illustrator draws images, primarily, and obviously, illustrations.
* Illustration implies a method or type of visual element–a representative style or technique.
* The modern illustrator typically uses vector software to create, manipulate and render line art, though depending on the type of education and training received, he may use more “traditional” methods such as pen or pencil on paper.
* Illustration has the ability to convey feelings and emotion
* Illustrators draw pictures for books, magazines, pictures for concept stores walls or other print materials, including greeting cards and wrapping paper
* llustrators use light, shadows, and color to create two-dimensional pictures. Most illustrators specialize in a particular type of drawing. For instance, fashion illustrators work for fashion designers and draw sketches of clothing as it is being designed or they have freelance projects related to the fashion industry.
Source: Graphic Designer Elias Wessel
** Graphic designer may decided that an illustrator’s style or technique will enhance or even solve the design/communication problem
** Graphic Design utilizes a set of standards generally established and considered to be a rule for communicating clearly and effectively to a large set of narrowed perspectives.
** Graphic designer’s job is to combine text, illustrations, photography, typography and color to convey a message or concept visually.
** Graphic designers are visual artists who use their creative skills to design a variety of objects, products, materials, and displays for commercial clients
** Graphic Designers may create packaging and promotional displays for new products, distinctive logos for a product or business, or the visual design for a company’s literature.
** They also work in publishing, developing the layout and design of books, magazines, and newspapers. Some create graphics for television. Others develop designs for Internet Web pages, interactive media, and multimedia projects.
47 Notes/ Hide
- auto-incorrect reblogged this from designyourfashion
- waterwillburn likes this
- mildredbod8 likes this
- murphytii0 likes this
- stephensok85 likes this
- kathleentag901 likes this
- justanillustration likes this
- clarissathings likes this
- nautiluswing likes this
- janellot likes this
- fashion-illustrations reblogged this from designyourfashion
- deux2 likes this
- ludmilabopitiya likes this
- bareclaws likes this
- aarontheillustrator likes this
- designyourfashion posted this