There are numerous techniques for adding a great design to your T-shirt. Paint, dye, color spray or print to make your own innovative textile creations. But, I think that the most adorable and exclusive T-shirts are the ones painted.
So, today I invited artist and illustrator Maryanne Oliver, to write a guest post, an useful guide that will help you to prepare the T-shirt, to choose the correct fabric paint and provide guides and tips to create for yourself the perfect hand painted T-shirt.
Prepare yourself, get your paints and pens ready! It’s time to create something beautiful for you to wear!
In this photo, artist Maryanne Oliver and her amazing illustrations.
* STEP 1 * Choose the materials you’ll need *
- T-Shirt - 100% cotton will get fabulous results, avoid lycra based fabrics for painting.
- Fabric Paints - Invest in a high quality fabric paint. It will make a huge difference. I use Pebeo
- Fabric Pens - I use “Y & C FabricMate” pens
- Thick piece of cardboard
- Paint brushes
- Hair Dryer
- Paper Towels
- Piece of scrap fabric - for ironing
* STEP 2 * Prepare your materials and find some inspiration *
Place your shirt on a nice flat surface, with the cardboard placed inside the shirt to allow you to paint on (without paint going through to the other side). Select your colors you wish to paint with. I have used black only on this shirt, not only to keep the process simple, but it looks stunning also! Pick out a picture you wish you use or your design for your shirt.It can be a fashion photo from a magazine, a picture, something that you like.
Read the full guide in the Fashion Illustration Exposed eBook and explore different approaches to finding ideas, coloring, sketching, mixing media and other aspects related to illustrating fashion. It’s all about people and their uniqueness
This is just a really short preview of the book, the full version has so much more to offer!
Have the full version and treat yourself with a fresh mix of fashion illustration techniques that will energize and inspire you to be creative!
Enrich your Fashion Illustration Techniques! Have the full eBook here.
18 Notes/ Hide
- lxplne likes this
- my-print likes this
- m-anglez likes this
- odotlondon reblogged this from designyourfashion
- odotlondon likes this
- lifeeonhighh likes this
- boyslovekings801 likes this
- solarhalfbreed reblogged this from dreamscaper
- dreamscaper reblogged this from designyourfashion
- dreamscaper likes this
- juellequilantang likes this
- gryphonstars likes this
- thesmithsism likes this
- thereisneveraboringday reblogged this from designyourfashion
- thereisneveraboringday likes this
- itsonlyamour likes this
- pinkberrix3 likes this
- lilicouture likes this
- designyourfashion posted this